26|07 First RF 200 Neo Marini-Ermont plant inaugurated close to Lyon
Using the counterflow Retroflux Ermont technology, the new-generation RF 200 Neo asphalt plant bought by the P2R compagy was erected close to Lyon; it uses the most recent technological innovations, such as the RF 160 neo which was awarded a prize during the 2015 Intermat fair.
Its main features include a low energy consumption and limited environmental impact, thanks to a lot of innovative processes, such as:
- ECOstart: System with Retrobatch door, which reduces material wastage at the start and end of production;
- ECOenergy: System which analyses and manages all types of energy consumption ratios;
- ECOflame: System which enables to schedule burner speed adjustment;
- RECYclean: Maintenance-free solution with a very high rate in the recycling ring.
Moreover, the RF 200 Neo provides great flexibility of use in order to meet the needs on site, thanks to peripheral equipment, such as:
- 3 x 60 T HMA long-term storage silos, already asked by the historical partner of P2R, which enables continuous supply during nights or week-end;
- Solid additive feeding system for high-precision dosing;
- Dope dosing kit in container, with storage, dosing and transport systems for liquid additives.
It only took 11 weeks to go from plant construction to the first hot-mix asphalt production. The layout around the asphalt plant has been also completely re-designed (bitumen storage, heater, social rooms, etc…). After only 3 months of running, the RF 200 Neo has already produced more than 40,000 tons of hot-mix asphalt.
To highlight some of its characteristics, the RF 200 Neo asphalt plant can produce with a recycling rate up to 50%, with a production range from 110 to 230 T/h and provides great flexibility of use and can meet to all production needs.
This new adventure with P2R confirms a partnership started many years ago: with its RM 160 Marini-Ermont plant, they have produced more than 1,800,000 tons over the last 20 years. Regularly maintained, the RM 160 asphalt plant is going to be transferred to another site and will have a second life.